|Monet painted the bridge in his garden many times, over many seasons.|
Style: Impressionist (Learn more about impressionism here.)
See some of Claude Monet's paintings here.
Be sure to give your child plenty of time to study each work of art. Ask: Do you see any similarities between Monet's paintings and Van Gogh's or Da Vinci's? How is Monet's art different? How does Monet use color and shade to create a certain mood? How does Monet use brush strokes? Whose sunflowers painting came first: Monet's or Van Gogh's? How do Monet's paintings make you feel?
* Short biography of Claude Monet
* Longer biography of Monet
* Coloring page: "Water Lilies" (to print, right click and save to your computer, then print)
* Coloring page: "La Promenade"
* Coloring page: "Bridge Over a Pond of Water Lilies"
* Coloring page: "Sunflowers"
* Activity: Tape resist Monet-inspired painting
* Activity: Watercolor and oil Monet-inspired painting
* Activity: Create a 3D water lily
* Activity: Crayon resist Monet-inspired painting
* Video: Claude Monet for Kids
* Video: Linnea in Monet's Garden (Netflix also carries this in DVD form; the movie is based on this book)
* Video: Footage of Monet's real gardens (also here)
* Video: Impressionist painting for kids: chalk pastels
* Video: Paint Like Monet: A Beginner's Guide
Learn more about this free art history curriculum for kids, plus a list of all artists covered so far, by clicking here.