How to EASILY Clean a Super Duper Dirty Cup

I have exactly two mugs in my cupboard: one for the Mr. and one for moi. The rest are - you guessed it! - still in our shipping container. And both these mugs (the Mr. uses his for coffee and I use mine for tea) are totally gross. They look super duper dirty, even though I've run them through the dishwasher multiple times and even, occasionally, hand washed them.

But that's okay, because I know a handy dandy little trick that makes cleaning those nasty looking cups a breeze.

Today, I finally got around to it.



How to EASILY Clean a Really Dirty Coffee or Tea Mug


1. Pour about a teaspoonful of baking soda in the cup.

2. Pour a drop of dish detergent into the cup, too. (I used Dawn.)



3. Fill the cup with warm water.

4. With a sponge or cleaning cloth, clean the mug. (HINT: You don't need to scrub like your life depends on it!)

5. Rinse.
My clean mug, all ready for a nice cup of orange spice tea.

See? So easy peasy I'm almost embarrassed to post it. But judging by my friends' dirty coffee mugs, I'm betting a lot of people don't know this trick! ;)



1 comment

  1. Thank you! I have a rather porous ceramic Starbucks cup that's very large but love to use it for coffee and I do scrub it like my life depends on it and still fail to get it clean deep inside. I'll give this a go.

    ReplyDelete